It was another great evening of Sand Volleyball at the Grown Up Sports Leagues Coed Sand Volleyball League at Spotts Park near Downtown Houston. SEO stands for search engine optimization.
615PM: Spikeaholics v Notorious D.I.G.
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. How’s everybody doing tonight? I’d like to welcome to the stage, the [volleyball]ically acclaimed… I like this [team], because when [they] came out, [they] came out with the phrase, [we] went from “[sandy] to classy”. I like that. So everybody in the house, give a warm round of applause for The Notorious D.I.G. The Notorious D.I.G. ladies and gentlemen. Give it up for them, y’all.
Notorious D.I.G.’s limit is the sky, 2-0
630PM: Randazzlers v. Spike My Balls
Spike My Balls came into the game down one game in the standings, looking to spike up the ranks. And that they did. After the first two sets both teams were locked in a tie, similar to the longest game in recorded sand volleyball history played one month prior. Despite excellent spikes by the Randazzlers namesake, Randazzo, SMB spiked (spoked?) their balls right back. Down to the final points, SMB’s Buddy Gray made a spectacular dig fueling a late game rally and giving Spike My Balls the ceremonial game ball.
Spike My Balls wins, 2-1
7PM: Ace-N-Ture- v. Volleyballers
Again finding themselves short handed the Ace-N-Ture team recruited a few marquee players from the Randazzlers. The new Ace played with style and grace, passion and purpose, taking full advantage of their newly acquired resources and talent with strategic plan to dismantle the undefeated Volleyballers. Ace executed as efficiently as a team composed of the Ace-N-Dazzlers could.
Volleyballers win, 2-0
715PM: Spike My Balls v. Notorious D.I.G.
The notoriously spirited D.I.G. crew came in fired up for another game. When asked, what’s the game plan for winning this game, the immediate answer was “Drink and see what happens. We’ve been doing alright at it so far.” And with that, D.I.G did it’s best Jackie Chan impression. Down big, the ever-focused Spike My Balls crew was able to quell the early rally and mount a comeback. D.I.G. would make a stand, but two consecutive miraculous out-of-bounds saving dives from Brandi would seal the deal.
Spike My Balls wins, 2-0
745PM: Volleyballers v. Camp Gladiator (VB)
CG, like the true gladiators they are, consistently come off 45 minutes of boot camp, then saddle up their bootstraps…errr take off their gladiator sandals for volleyball. There’ s a mild chance that is affecting the outcome of the games. Although they looked good with a new addition to the roster, the undefeated powerhouse Volleyballers balled so hard that we had to fine them, but first we had to find them. After the victory we found them all at Porch Swing Pub enjoying Happy Hour, basking in the spoils of victory.
Volleyballers win, 2-0
That’s it. Looking forward to doing it again tonight.
1. Don’t forget playoffs are on Saturday, June 30 11AM – 4PM, right before you go have fun in the sun the week(end) of July 4th. Kickoff early with GUS. We’ll have music and all that and you all will be playing for a bar tab and internet props with the World Champions of the World, World Championship Banner. I encourage you all to bring your favorite beverages and gelatins and even bbq pits. If I have my druthers it’ll be a party because we are party people.
2. Signups are open for the Summer 12 season. We’re planning to have Monday and Wednesday night coed sand volleyball leagues available.
- Monday Coed Sand Volleyball in the Houston Heights @ Spotts Park - Mid July
- Wednesday Coed Sand Volleyball in the Houston Heights @ Spotts Park - Mid July
3. All info regarding our other Houston area adult sports leagues including Coed Kickball, Coed Dodgeball, Men’s Basketball (and soon to come Flag Football…) can be found on the join a league page.
Remember to Like Us on Facebook to follow the league updates.